About Structure Financial:
Founded by MIT & Jump Trading alumni, and backed by Polychain Capital, Structure Financial empowers anyone in the world to access quality financial markets with ease.
The Structure app replaces an antiquated financial system crippled by waste and opaque by design; repackaging financial products designed for exclusivity and non-participation into assets fit for the public domain & organizational structures built for a global democratic society.
We are a global, remote-first team of engineers, designers, traders, and innovators of all kinds working together to build solutions for globally systemic financial systems. We value innovative ideas and encourage the audacity required to bring those ideas to life.
At Structure, you'll have an opportunity to expand industry-leading exchange technology that will dramatically improve financial markets for decades to come. By joining us at this early stage, you will also have a significant influence on the design direction and vision of Structure. We strongly prefer motivated individuals who share a passion for financial markets and building world-changing technology.
- Be a senior member of the engineering team, supporting building out the backend infrastructure.
- You'll help design, engineer, implement, manage, document, code, deploy, distribute, maintain, and test the software required for the business’s products and operations, especially those that relate to finance and trading.
- You will be relied on to provide capacity for the business across the backend stack of technologies.
- The backend systems contain the majority of the “business logic”; software that will require domain expertise in finance, trading, or other operations. The role will involve the management and manipulation of the complex state machines required for trading, hedging, accounting, and other financial transactions. The role will also involve interfacing with various external systems for the ingestion and production of financial data.
- Most importantly, we're looking for someone with the drive and passion to help lead our backend engineering efforts.
- Lead individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables following Agile methodologies
- Deliver high efficiency, high availability, concurrent, and fault-tolerant software systems
- Provide impact and expertise as a senior individual contributor in building various capabilities of an order management system. Such as real-time market data pipelines, algorithmic trading, trade analytics, pre & post-trade TCA, watch lists, smart order routing and integrated news & Twitter feeds
- Design and develop innovative solutions to complex problems, identifying issues, and roadblocks
- Guide and mentor team members in order to build a highly performant team
- Be a leader with vision and a partner in brainstorming solutions for team productivity, efficiency, training, and motivating developers, and hiring new developers
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Java.
- Experience in building Order and Execution Management, Trading systems is ideal
- A strong understanding of concurrent programming and experience in designing high throughput, high availability, fault-tolerant distributed applications is required.
- Experience in message-oriented middleware architecture is required.
- Very comfortable building market data gateways, order gateways, and trading engines.
- A good understanding of how to work with web APIs such as REST on HTTP and WebSocket.
- Strong analytical and software architecture design skills with an emphasis on TDD.
- Experience in using Project Management methodologies such as Agile/Scrum
- Effective communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Quant trading or the development of alpha in trading strategies is NOT REQUIRED
What We Offer:
- Cash: Competitive Salary + Merit Increase & Spot Bonus Opportunities
- Equity: Generous Stock Option Packages
- Tokens: Genesis Block Token Allocations
- Time Off: Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Benefits: Health, Life, & Wellbeing Support
- Flexibility: Work from Anywhere, Agile Environment, and more!