About Structure Financial:
Founded by MIT & Jump Trading alumni, and backed by Polychain Capital, Structure Financial empowers anyone in the world to access quality financial markets with ease.
The Structure app replaces an antiquated financial system crippled by waste and opaque by design; repackaging financial products designed for exclusivity and non-participation into assets fit for the public domain & organizational structures built for a global democratic society.
We are a global, remote-first team of engineers, designers, traders, and innovators of all kinds working together to build solutions for globally systemic financial systems. We value innovative ideas and encourage the audacity required to bring those ideas to life.
At Structure, you'll have an opportunity to expand industry-leading exchange technology that will dramatically improve financial markets for decades to come. By joining us at this early stage, you will also have a significant influence on the design direction and vision of Structure. We strongly prefer motivated individuals who share a passion for financial markets and building world-changing technology.
About the Role
We are currently hiring a Scrum Master to lead our Agile team management processes and ceremonies across a 20-person engineering team.
- Run scrum meetings (stand-ups, estimations, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives).
- Manage Jira (end of sprint processes, velocity calculation). Create and maintain reports (through Jira) about the status of ongoing sprints, epics, and projects for management to consume.
- Help define best practices for using Jira and enforce that all members of the team are adhering to those best practices.
- Raise alarms to relevant parties when blockers emerge and see that they are dealt with promptly.
- Make sure that tickets do not get too large and are granular enough to see them be dealt with in less than a day with high probability.
- Make sure that every team member is updating their status so that it is always clear what each person is working on and that someone is not working on multiple items at the same time.
- Ensure that every developer has logged their time correctly and accurately at the end/beginning of each day.
- Ensure that each developer writes their daily update in the daily update channel.
- Ensure that each developer is following the JIRA policy and fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Continually propose refinements and improvements to all engineering policies and processes.
- 3+ years experience as a Scrum Master in similarly sized engineering teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships.
- Outstanding project management skills and expertise in the software required for being a Scrum Master.
- Extremely well-organized; is process-oriented; and is motivated by making others more efficient and productive in their roles.
- Experience in startup culture, trading systems, or the crypto industry.
- Expertise in companies with a global, distributed, or remote workforce
What We Offer:
- Cash: Competitive Salary + Merit Increase & Spot Bonus Opportunities
- Equity: Generous Stock Option Packages
- Tokens: Genesis Block Token Allocations
- Time Off: Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Benefits: Health, Life, & Wellbeing Support
- Flexibility: Work from Anywhere, Agile Environment, and more!